Team #9..."Dead Gobblers Don't Lie"

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
Fan Club

RE: Team #9

Postby Fan Club » March 4th, 2011, 4:03 pm

Hello Boys. Looks like I'm the last to check in.

Good lookin' team here represented across the country in Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Alabama, New Mexico, Arkansas and South Carolina. That should really help balance out and offset any early spring/ late spring events in certain areas and the unpredictable spring weather patterns.

I see some teams have elected captains although that's not in the rules and I'm not sure if it is necessary. (thoughts?). Also some good early suggestions for a team name, I'm leaning toward Strut Busters for now but also I'm mulling over a few suggestions of my own that I'll post in the next day or two. Looking forward to a most successful season!

PS- Some of the early trash talking is a hoot and I admire each of you for not getting sucked into it! (yet). Regards-

Jeff

<-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

NMblackgold

Postby NMblackgold » March 4th, 2011, 4:27 pm

Hey Fan Club, I also like the diversity of hunting areas our team will be covering. I don't think we need a team captain but will go along with what everyone decides to do. I also have been reading the other teams propaganda, it looks to me from our silence............... we let our shotguns do the talking. I like that

PS: No opinion on team name, whatever you all come up with.

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » March 7th, 2011, 4:29 am

Team-

Ok, I've given this some thought. Several other teams are considering the name "Strut" something or other so that's out. I liked the concept of "Shooting" in the title since Clark is on the team, but SC is a stick and string guy. I therefore propose something that is no bull, to the point and does the talking for us such as-

Team #9 -  "Dead Gobblers Don't Lie"

Yeahs or Nays? I don't think a captain is necessary, we'll just monitor the proceedings to make sure no one disappears. Please post your thoughts. Thanks.

Jeff

Longbeards

Postby Longbeards » March 7th, 2011, 5:06 am

Sounds good to me. Glad to be on the team. I do have to say, I will check in as often as I can but, do to my location, (sandbox), I may not be on until I get home. Thanks.

NMblackgold

Postby NMblackgold » March 7th, 2011, 6:23 am

[/quote]
Team #9 - "Dead Gobblers Don't Lie"

Jeff, sounds good to me

Murray

joeturkey

Postby joeturkey » March 10th, 2011, 10:24 pm

Hey Fan Club, Dead gobblers Don't Lie sounds good to me as well. I took the liberty to ask Spitn Drum for help with our team logo, hope you guys don't mind? If we do need a captain I would like to nominate you or Clark because I'm probably going to ask for your help in posting pictures (hopefully)!! And you 2 guys seem to be the Super Members in our group!!
Thanks joe
"You need to drink a few large glasses of beer tonight. That is the only solution. "

Ben Franklin

SpitnDrum

RE: Team #9..."Dead Gobblers Don't Lie"

Postby SpitnDrum » March 11th, 2011, 4:38 am

try this one

Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » March 14th, 2011, 12:51 pm

Sorry boys, had an out of town guest and a band gig over the w/e.

S'n'D appreciate your efforts, that's a very cool logo. Would it be too much trouble to correct it from "Turkeys" to "Gobblers"? Some of these boys would have a field day if they thought we were whackin' jakes and jennies too!

As for a captainship, I'm sure Clark and I could agree to be co-captains if the need arises. No sweat on help for posting pics, it's a piece of cake.

SpitnDrum

Postby SpitnDrum » March 15th, 2011, 6:10 pm

try this one fellars

Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

SCHUNTER

Postby SCHUNTER » March 16th, 2011, 2:49 pm

just checking in guys.sorry i have not been on in a while.trying to get everything done around the house and work so that i can take the first week of the season off.i have got 15 day to go.SpitnDrum the second one looks great.if you could put our names in it like the first one would be great.if not to much trouble.Thanks for your time and work on it.time to get off of here may not be back on for a few days but i am here and ready.

Good Luck everyone.

PreviousNext

Return to Base Camp