Contest Final Countdown

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
Gobblerman

Contest Final Countdown

Postby Gobblerman » June 2nd, 2011, 11:04 am

Attention all Teams!!
I am giving all the teams until midnight on June 10th to finalize the tallly for their members.  I realize that just about every team has lost a member or more during the contest.  Try again to contact them and have them report their success, or lack thereof, on the forum.  They must make a post under their forum name to count (ie.---a teammate cannot report for them). 

Most teams have set up a thread for keeping track of their team's success.  Team captains (or someone on each team) should make sure your team has a thread that reports on all team members. 

I have gone through the information in various locations under the contest threads and the following is what I have as team tallies as of today (June 2).  I will update this tally if things change during the next week.  Send those missing team members a PM and get them to report!

Standings as of June 2nd (As far as I can tell....let me know if this is in error.  My apologies up front if I have overlooked somebody)

Team #5............6
Team #8............5
Team#7..(tie).....5
Team#2.............4
Team#1..(tie).....4
Team#9.............3
Team#6..(tie).....3
Team#3..(tie).....3
Team#4.............2

kygobbler

RE: Contest Final Countdown

Postby kygobbler » June 2nd, 2011, 1:22 pm

Hey G-man, according to this post are you saying that team 8 only killed 5 birds? If so, I know that isnt correct. Now to get the correct count of birds for each team which thread do they need to be posted in? That way everyone is on the same page. Thanks.

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » June 2nd, 2011, 2:29 pm

Nah total birds was not in the rules for the win, the winner was the team with the most members taking a mature gobbler. Other stuff was in there for tie breakers, like deductions for jakes and stuff. We only had 5 members take mature gobblers. The total number of birds hasn't been taken into account.
South Carolina Low Country

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » June 2nd, 2011, 3:16 pm

Since there is some question on how the contest is scored, here are the parameters again for determining the winning team:

Scoring: 
       a)  the winning team will be determined first of all by the total number of team members on each team that kill a gobbler.  For example, if a team consists of ten members and each team member kills a gobbler and no other team accomplishes that, then that team is the winner.
       b)  First tie-breaker....if two or more teams tie, then the winning team will be determined by the total number of mature gobblers in each teams score from the above  (jakes killed will be subtracted from the team score)
       c) Second tie-breaker...if two or more teams tie in the first tie-breaker, then the winner will be determined by the total number of gobblers (jakes and mature) killed by each team during the season.  (each team adds up the total number of gobblers killed by team members for the season) 

Hopefully, this will clear up any questions about it.  If this is somehow unclear to anybody, I will try to clear it up.

Jim

dewey

Postby dewey » June 3rd, 2011, 5:12 am

The totals for team #4 look correct, as far as I know. We have 2 guys we haven't heard from yet but I will try to PM & email them again.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » June 3rd, 2011, 12:08 pm

Hey gobblerman,could you gave us a list of Team-2,I lost the one I had.

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » June 3rd, 2011, 1:15 pm

Here ya' go, Randy....

Team #2....The Magnificent Seven  

Duke0002
Lalongbeard
Mark Hay
mookyj
rbewilson
Rennat
scoot12
TXlongbeard

DonMcJr

Postby DonMcJr » June 3rd, 2011, 4:51 pm

I Pm'd the 4 MIA guys from team 9...hopefully they got some more birds to take up my slack!!!

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » June 8th, 2011, 8:43 am

Wednesday, June 8th Update:

No changes in status of the contest that I am aware of at this point.  Two more days 'til a winner is declared!  Teams should make sure everybody is accounted for, as much as possible, and make final updates to me,...if you have any.

Jim

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » June 9th, 2011, 11:20 am

I know this sounds bad but where is our team roster shown....tried to look back but could not locate...I know of four on our team and not sure about others....pretty sure we're not gonna make a comeback though...looks like we're eating dirt out of the bottom of the bucket
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

Next

Return to Base Camp